You’re entitled to know where we receive our support. Last year,
- 1% came from contributions from individuals.
- 0% came from corporations
- 80% came from foundations
- 0% came from unions
- 19% came from sales, such as speaking fees, fees for articles, and publication sales.
- Our single largest cash contribution was $100, received from an individual in Toronto.
- Our single largest contribution from a foundation – $10,000 – came from the McLean Foundation.
In calculating the support that our foundation receives, we include the value of contributed services. Over the years, these have included pro bono work by lawyers and other professionals, free rent supplied by the University of Toronto, and other material contributions that have helped us carry on our work.