- Lawrence Solomon: To solve Canada’s social housing problem, we should look to Britain’s privatization schemes
- Lawrence Solomon: How city politicians are helping Amazon destroy your favourite local retailers
- Lawrence Solomon: Who’s to blame for Toronto’s crazy real estate market? Surprise! It’s politicians
- Lawrence Solomon: Housing shortage? What housing shortage?
- Lawrence Solomon: Europe is planning to deport hundreds of thousands of Muslims
Category Archives: Garbage
(August 10, 2009) It’s time to shed the dead weight of the bureaucracy. Toronto’s municipal strike is over. Some 30,000 garbage and other workers are back on the job. That’s at least 15,000 too many. Continue reading
(July 24, 2009) One month into Toronto’s municipal strike marked by growing mounds of garbage, a majority of Torontonians – supported by some councillors – want the city to fire the striking garbage collectors and contract out garbage collection. Private contractors are unlikely to strike, they reason, and would also cost a lot less. Continue reading