- Lawrence Solomon: Who’s to blame for Toronto’s crazy real estate market? Surprise! It’s politicians
- Lawrence Solomon: Housing shortage? What housing shortage?
- Lawrence Solomon: Europe is planning to deport hundreds of thousands of Muslims
- Lawrence Solomon: Subways, profitable subways
- Lawrence Solomon: England’s sea change
Category Archives: Utilities_Water
(February 10, 1994) Eighty years ago, Adam Beck, who began the great enterprise we call Hydro, argued for an electrified transportation sector…In 1915, he organized a march on the legislature to present a resolution asking the provincial government for a subsidy of $3500 per mile for his municipal Hydro railway scheme. By the 1930s, Hydro was operating electric railways in this province. Continue reading