- Lawrence Solomon: How city politicians are helping Amazon destroy your favourite local retailers
- Lawrence Solomon: Who’s to blame for Toronto’s crazy real estate market? Surprise! It’s politicians
- Lawrence Solomon: Housing shortage? What housing shortage?
- Lawrence Solomon: Europe is planning to deport hundreds of thousands of Muslims
- Lawrence Solomon: Subways, profitable subways
Tag Archives: Palestine
(August 21, 2014) In UNRWA’s books, a refugee can be just about anyone who wants to be one.
In the up-is-down bizarro world of UNRWA, the number of refugees only grows and grows. Continue reading
Blockade? Wrong word for the limitations that Israel places on the free flow of goods. Continue reading
In the Israel-Gaza war, Gaza will be an economic winner, Israel an economic loser. Continue reading
(July 27, 2011) There is something the Europeans, who assume a hypothetical, independent Palestine, have overlooked: Without Israeli good will, a Palestinian state couldn’t support itself. Continue reading
(June 6, 2011) Prior to the 1973-74 OPEC Oil Crisis, Israel was the darling of the left, extolled as a feisty, altruistic country that made socialism work in a hostile neighbourhood of Arab military dictatorships and Muslim theocracies. The liberal press defended Israel against those who objected to Israel’s existence. The liberal intelligentsia – Jew and non-Jew alike – sent their youth to Israeli kibbutzes, to be inspired by this utopian model of communal life where all recieved the same age, regardless of occupation. Continue reading